It’s a reflective time of year. This year showed a lot of us what we’re made of. The realization that the businesses we’ve spent so long to build are underpinned by things out of our control. Government’s reaction to the pandemic was surprising. Both good and bad. But as they say, there is light at the end of the tunnel and the economic conditions for landscape companies look to be pretty fantastic in terms of revenue for 2021.
Course corrections by the government after recessions have always been structured to boost the investment class. (Namely our target market in residential Design-Build) and the response to this one with a new administration is not likely to be any different. It’s a perfect situation for the upper-middle class and the rich (“our target market” ;-). The stockmarket will reap rewards as long as interest rates of Treasury Bonds stay low. Cheap money to invest in the market. Great rates for companies to invest in improvements and for the upper-middle-class to invest in their homes. Plus, there’s a lot of pent-up demand for home improvements. Americans who remained employed did a huge amount of saving in quarantine, accumulating a lot of liquid assets, and spent most of that time wishing they had nice gardens, outdoor kitchens, pools, and entertainment areas.
The lower interest rates will also boost the housing market. There will be more new housing starts, and more work coming to landscape companies who serve the less affluent. Add to that, if there’s government investment in infrastructure during the first two years of a Biden term, commercial landscape companies will see greater opportunities as well. This podcast was a real eye-opener for me → Fiscal policy advice for Joe Biden and Congress
To help you take advantage of what looks to be a once in a lifetime alignment of the economic stars, SOD is taking on a few new clients into our Landscape Sales Designers program. Here are some reasons to consider hiring us.
- Check sales off your list of to do’s. With a pipeline of sold work, you can focus on what you love to do, create beautiful landscapes.
- Working with us, you’ll know your exact costs. Even if you don’t use Landscape Business Operating software we’ll help you develop formulas using your prices to clearly itemize the cost of materials, cost of labor, and cost of sales. Making Gross Profit on the jobs we design and sell easy to determine.
- Control cash flow. Part of our sales process is writing Payment Terms to your advantage. We will make sure you get as much as you legally can through the duration of the Construction Agreement.
- Access to world-class designers, and graphic artists with the best software available for 2D and 3D renderings. Including virtual animations that make your client feel they can actually see the completed garden before you even break ground!
- No-Risk – “We get results or we don’t get paid”. Our sales work is on a commission-only basis. We sit on the exact same side of the table as you. We negotiate on your behalf. Our sales goals align with yours.
I am excited to be able to offer this opportunity to you. If you’d like to learn more, please click here → https://www.sodinc.net/designer-sales/
I wish you and your families a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year. After 2020 this expression means a lot more to me than it used to. Please be careful and stay safe. -dp